[ELGIS] Starting with geos

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Mon Oct 6 01:56:55 PDT 2014

Hi Anu,

usually I start with geos, one of the base library, which is quite
straightforward in terms of build and packaging.

I suggest that you start by building geos in mock in order to make sure
that you have a development environment in place. The other packages are
then basically the same process.

I have merged Fedora master for geos into the related ELGIS repo (more
details on this below):
http://elgis.argeo.org/gitweb/

Follow the instructions here to setup a git-enabled mock:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS#How_to_hack_and_locally_build_the_ELGIS_packages

I haven't tested the build yet, just performed the merge, so maybe
something will not work.

Cheers,

Mathieu

## MORE DETAILS ON MERGE

In your local git repo (cloned from git://elgis.argeo.org/<package>.git),
add the remote 'fedora':
git remote add fedora git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/<package>.git

Then merge 'fedora/master' into 'elgis6'.