[es_norte] Fwd: Report: meeting with Coruña Turism Office (QGIS user conf/hackmeeting march 2019)

Luigi Pirelli luipir en gmail.com
Vie Abr 13 11:11:44 PDT 2018

Perdona Alberto, hasta que no decidimos como seguir prefiero compartir es
estado de los contactos con la administracion.

esto es lo que envie' al PSC has unos dias.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Luigi Pirelli <luipir en gmail.com>
Date: 2 April 2018 at 16:21
Subject: Report: meeting with Coruña Turism Office (QGIS user
conf/hackmeeting march 2019)

Hi

A short resume of the meeting I had with Coruña municipality Tourist and
Congress office.

Presents:
Julio Fernandez (Tourist and Congress office - TCO)
Jose Maria Ares Abalo (Coruña municipality - IT office responsible)
Me

****Dates*:
A possible date for the conf could be in the week from *4-10 of MArch 2019*.
The main reason is to overlap with Carnival. The reason are:
1) School holidays that facilitate family participation
2) Some work holidays that can facilitate hackers to come
3) Many interesting activities related with the carnival in Galicia (called
"Entroido"), that can attract people to the conference to remain until the
end of carnival (9)
4) Low season to reduce hotel costs

****possibile UserConf Venue:*
in priority order:
*1) Agora civic center*
    - belog to municipality
    - Big conference area http://www.coruna.gal/ago
ra/gl/servizos/teatro-auditorio
    - more than two conf room for parallel events -
http://www.coruna.gal/agora/gl/servizos/salas-polivalentes
    - Three meeting rooms ( in the LIbreary area)
    - full of meeting area
    - Library with facilities for children
    - Coffee area
    - Contact: Begoña Llamosa (task by Javier Marias + Luigi)
2) Old Jail
    - Pending to be reformed (not clear dates)
    - Interest to start to use this public place as soon it's reformed
3) University
    - Full of conference facilities
    - Almost out of the city :(
4) Muncyt tech musueum
    - Big conference room
    - not managed by the municipality => introduce more bureaucracy to use
it
5) Domus tech museum
    - not so big conference room (no more than 120 persons)
    - belongs to municipality
    - Flexible to have parallel meeting rooms

****possible Hackmeeting venue:*
in priority order:
*1) Domus tech museum*
    - conference room (no more than 120 persons)
    - belongs to municipality
    - Flexible to have parallel meeting rooms
    - The space would be the Bricolabs hackerspace
    - Contact: Manuel Miramontes (Task by Luigi)
2) Old Jail
    - Pending to be reformed (not clear dates)
    - Interest to start to use this public place as soon it's reformed
3) University
    - Full of conference facilities
    - Almost out of the city :(

****Turist facilities:*
- Turist bag with maps + March tourist activites program + Coruña card (see
later)
- Coruña card to acces to all Coruña museums (Domus, Science Museum with
planetaium, Aquarium and more)
- Bus service if necessary to reach Agora civic center form main hotels
- Tourist guide in different languages
- Tourist guide for childrens
- Not yet available a way to use public bike sharing service. They are
changing system to allow to hire bikes not only to Coruña citizens.
- We'll plan a meeting (Task Julio Fernandez) with Hotel Association
representant to fix a common hotel rate. We'll fix the meeting after we fix
the venue (Task Luigi)
- "Casa del Agua" (http://termaria.es/) SPA (Task Julio Fernandez) could
offer discount entrance (children can enter only during we :( )

****Foods:*
Seems that the simplest way (from the burocratic point of view) to manage
food  (lunch, buffets or dinner) is that the Municipality would sponsor
some food and QGIS local organization manage it.

****Families:*
With all the museum available (through the "Coruña card") and child
activities of these museums plus the activities related wit the Carnival,
seem this UserConf/HAckmeeting can be assumes as a Family Friendly event.
We *still have to plan* more activities for children that leave more time
to the partner in charge of the children during the conferences.

****Amenities*
- Micho Garcia (gfoss activist and professional) is an experienced surfer
that accepted to plan Surf activities in Orzan beach just inside the city
right down the possible hackmeeting place (Domus).

****Hackatons*
Work in progress

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir