[EU] Strategy on EU lobbying

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Mon Jul 24 07:56:02 PDT 2017

We (Geosparc) are involved in 3 H2020 projects currently. (And the
chance on success is indeed around 4%. But if you have a good consortium
and good idea's, that shouldn't be a problem.
And I think OSGeo-Europe will be an extra advantage to be involved.
Of course we should foresee the budget to paay the people involved.

What I meant is to look for a project where we can involve OSGeo-Europe
(after creation of the organisation of course), and write a workpackage
for the valorisation of the open results. This could be a good
opportunity to involve such expertise.

Of course we have to involve also SME's and probably some universities.
And the right topic to work on. I am sure opportunities will appear...

Dirk

On 2017-07-24 16:43, Till Adams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> phew - I don't know whether you already were involved in any H2020
> activity (we were) - all I know is that this a lot of red tape work ...
> guess nobody of us has the time to make that only for OSgeo-EU without
> involving your own business or being paid for that. And - that one is
> typical for H2020 - you have a rather small chance of success....
>
> Perhaps let's establish our organisation first, then see, what kind of
> funding is available and then establish a project team, that is willing
> to work on the specific project-drafts.
>
> Just my 2 Cents.
> Till
>

> Am 24.07.2017 um 16:13 schrieb MarĂ­a Arias de Reyna:
>> On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Dirk Frigne <dirk.frigne at geosparc.com> wrote:
>>> Great!
>>>
>>> (I see he has the same age as I have)
>>> Maybe we should invite him to work on a H2020 project together with
>>> OSGeo-Europe where we address the topic.
>>> Setup a follow-up skype meeting to see how we can involve him and his
>>> experience into some practical results?
>>>
>>> +1 for a section on the wiki about strategy.
>> Maybe we should wait before to have some funds to make external people
>> involved. Unless you know about some subsidies (H2020?) we can present
>> something like this to work on it. I am not sure if H2020 is the right
>> place... What topic?

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc