[EU] Start of our activities

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Sep 13 05:32:53 PDT 2017

Dear OSGeo-EU members,

I recently had the job to write a short message about formation of the
Local Chapter OSGeo-EU (in german). While writing I of course had some
glances on our WIKI pages and was also faced with our goals and missions
[1].

Now being approved by the board, I think we should at least start to
think about our first activities, because just having the envelope is
not listed on [1] ;-)

Maybe a good point to start might be ...

... form a voted board (okay, we voted on the board, but not on posts,
but we listed Dirk as our president, Marc as our treasurer and ?? as
secretary). Maybe we think about a vice-president and so on.

... think about at least having a homepage as point of contact for
finding us and being more representative than just a WIKI page

... introduce us to various European Organisations such as (list is
mostly c&p from [1]):

notably OSM
JRC
European projects
FIWARE
EUROGI
SMESpire
ESA
[...]

If, of course we have to add other organisations you might have in mind
to the list, then have s.th. that introduces us better than an
unformatted WIKI page (e.g. Introduction letter, regular homepage (s.a.)
?). Also we could offer to meet people from these organisations by
opportunity - if we find volunteers among us to do that (writing this, I
throw my hat in the ring)

As said, all these are just my first quick ideas. I formed a doodle in
order to schedule a meeting on IRC:

https://doodle.com/poll/2ear9qdzphwf6f9k

Feel free to add dates/times by sending them to me (can't find the handy
admin-link in doodle any more...)

Till

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Europe#Mission_and_objectives