[Europe] Reminder of #osgeo-europe IRC channel for discussions

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jan 30 06:18:18 PST 2018

Hello all!

A quick reminder that a few of us hang out in #osgeo-europe channel
everyday, to discuss Europe chapter topics.  (connect directly in your
browser at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=osgeo-europe) All are
welcome!  :)

By the way, before the Google Code-in began we were warned at how the
thousands of students rely on IRC for contacting all of the
organizations - let me tell you, after 8 weeks of that it is really
something to see the young students relying on IRC to contact FOSS
communities: really makes the OSGeo community vibrant and fun!

If you want a tool to use that is more "IRC friendly", give the app
"RIOT" a try, which a lot of the students (our future industry leaders)
use: https://about.riot.im/

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna