[fdo-dev] 3rd party project issues

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Fri Nov 3 16:33:51 EST 2006

The use of the alternate environment variables sound like a reasonable
step in refining how FDO references thirdparty libraries. Log an
enhancement artifact in the fdo.osgeo.og Project Tracker. When I have
some time, I will look into the ramifications of making such changes in
the FDO Core and Provider project files.

As for creating a new SVN for 3rdParty, such a decision would need to be
taken as a part of a broader discussion on how to reduce the build
dependency of FDO on static builds of thirdparty libraries. In the
meantime, if you are not interested in updating/checking out Thirdparty
then you can write your own SVN scripts that avoid taking that
directory.

Greg

  _____