Exception messages

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Nov 6 09:40:22 EST 2006

Hi,

What can be reason that *some* IDs for exception message are
not resolved?

I have simple command line programs and I found that some of SchemaMgr
messages are not expanded, only IDs are displayed:

mloskot:~$ ./destroy_schema
Connected using: service=localhost;username=mloskot;datastore=fdo_test;
Connection state: Open
*** FDO Error:
 *** FDOSM_221

Other messages are displayed correctly:

mloskot:~$ ./delete_data
Connected using: service=localhost;username=mloskot;datastore=fdo_test;
Connection state: Open
*** FDO Error:
 *** Class 'TreeSchema:TreeClass' not found

Here is how I display top-level exception message:

catch(FdoException* ex)
{
   std::wcout << L"*** FDO Error:\n" << L" *** "
      << ex->GetExceptionMessage() << std::endl;
   ex->Release();
}

I'm almost sure it's not a problem with how the message is fetched and
displayed, but somewhere with compilation/installation.
Unfortunately, the NLS mechanism is still a black hole for me,
so I have no idea how it works.