SVN Commit Messages

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 8 22:57:02 EST 2006

Folks,

I would like folks to add a meaningful message when making SVN commits
in addition to including the FDO bug #.  In *theory* I can now lookup the
FDO bug codes, but it takes quite a while for each one.  And if I basically
want a summary of the sorts of changes in the history of a file, it is
large amount of work.

Futhermore, it is likely that after we migrate off the CollabNet platform
we will find it even harder to find the details for a given "FDO234" type
code.

I generall use SVN commit messages like:

"FDO234: Updated to support 8bit palette mode."