[fdo-dev] Property Sheet for VC++ projects

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Nov 29 13:56:30 EST 2006

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> With Property Sheet, FDOTHIRDPARTY, FDOUTILITIES and other env
> variables could be set from IDE and stored in Property Sheet. Next,
> projects can inherit these settings from common Property Sheet.
>
> What is your opinion?

After I've taken a closer look at FDO projects for VC++ 2005,
I can answer myself that using Property Sheets won't be possible.
Environment variables like %FDOUTILITIES% are used in projects location
paths inside the solution file.
It's not possible to load the solution without these variables set as
user's or system environment and Property Sheets won't help here.