[fdo-dev] Raster SetBounds()

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Thu Oct 5 12:04:48 EDT 2006

Hi Frank,

MapGuide shouldn't be expecting the extent of the FdoIRaster to match
the queried extent. I looked at the sources again, and here is what
MapGuide does:

1. Execute a Select query of a computed identifier which contains a
RESAMPLE function, like this (StylizationUtil.cpp):

        //Set up RESAMPLE command
        FdoPtr<FdoExpressionCollection> funcParams =
FdoExpressionCollection::Create();
        FdoPtr<FdoIdentifier> rasterProp =
FdoIdentifier::Create(geom.c_str());
        funcParams->Add(rasterProp);
        FdoPtr<FdoDataValue> minX = FdoDataValue::Create(extent.minx,
FdoDataType_Double);
        funcParams->Add(minX);
        FdoPtr<FdoDataValue> minY = FdoDataValue::Create(extent.miny,
FdoDataType_Double);
        funcParams->Add(minY);
        FdoPtr<FdoDataValue> maxX = FdoDataValue::Create(extent.maxx,
FdoDataType_Double);
        funcParams->Add(maxX);
        FdoPtr<FdoDataValue> maxY = FdoDataValue::Create(extent.maxy,
FdoDataType_Double);
        funcParams->Add(maxY);
        FdoPtr<FdoDataValue> height = FdoDataValue::Create(devHeight);
        funcParams->Add(height);
        FdoPtr<FdoDataValue> width = FdoDataValue::Create(devWidth);
        funcParams->Add(width);

        FdoPtr<FdoFunction> clipFunc = FdoFunction::Create(L"RESAMPLE",
funcParams);

        STRING func = clipFunc->ToString();
        options->AddComputedProperty(L"clipped_raster", func);

The RESAMPLE function is set up to request the full visible extent at a
certain window size. So far so good.

2. Later, when reading the FdoRaster, the RasterAdapter.cpp code in
MapGuide does not actually expect the raster extent to equal the visible
extent. Here is what it does:

    //first get the map data extent
    RS_Bounds mapExt = renderer->GetBounds();

    //get the map extent of the image
    //TODO: need to transform to destination coordinate system
    RS_Bounds imgExt = raster->GetExtent();

    //intersect the image extent with the requested map extent
    RS_Bounds intExt = RS_Bounds::Intersect(mapExt, imgExt);

    //if raster bounds outside map extent, don't stylize
    if (intExt.IsValid())
    {

As long as your RESAMPLE is implemented correctly, I don't see why there
would be a problem. Note that MapGuide reads the raster that comes out
of the computed property (i.e. the resampled raster).

Traian