[fdo-dev] GDAL version in the trunk

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Oct 6 14:55:10 EDT 2006

Traian Stanev wrote:
> Well, none of that really helps my original problem, since one would
> still need to get and compile a second copy of GDAL. Pointing the
> compiler to the correct directory is the easiest part...

Indirectly, I think it helps.
If all FDO dependencies are supported through --with-<dependency>
option, then it will be possible to not to download Thirdparty
module at all but use existing installation of libraries.

I consider "use existing installation" as equivalent to "get
GDAL from its home server". Though, I might have misunderstood the
original problem.