fdo insert command

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Tue Oct 17 18:51:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am little confused how FDO Insert Command should work, and what it
should return.

>From documentation I understand it should return reader with feature
id's of new records filled, for single and also for batch insert. Is
this true and necessary? Could be problem for some rdbms ?

Also I don't quite understand how Map is using insert command and null
values. It seems to me that it is calling Insert command immediately
after creating new geometry without user filling Null values ?

All this I am testing on foreign schema's (without fdo metadata)

I hope that I put together understandable questions.

Haris