[fdo-dev] GetProviderDatastoreType()

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Fri Oct 27 12:23:16 EDT 2006

>From a GDAL Provider perspective...

If a connection is made using the
"DefaultRasterFileLocation='C:\SomeLocation"' then the expectation is
that all the files in that directory are dependant files.

If a connection is made using a GDAL configuration file, then all files
pointed to in the configuration file, either explicitly by name or by
parent directory, are dependant files.

See the attached email on how we implemented this behavior in the ATIL
based raster provider. You may be able to tailor the code to suit your
needs.

NOTE: I do see a defect in the code I am attaching which I believe we
will need to resolve. The attached code does not indicate that
associated geo-reference files such as world files are dependant files.