[fdo-dev] Create nonspatial index in SDF via FDO?

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Tue Sep 12 16:06:09 EDT 2006

Hi Jason,

I don't think it's possible to have SDF index on anything other than
geometry and key.
I am not surprised that performance is bad when filtering on other
attributes, since it would be doing a linear search through the features
and evaluating the filter for each feature.

If you tell me more details about your use case, may be I can think of a
workaround.

Traian