SHP : modifying properties

Ytse bill_gfr at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 21 08:59:03 EDT 2006

hi everyone

Is it possible to add a dataproperty to a featureclass
that already contains data ?

I can't get it to work (no problem when the class is
empty)

By the way (though not related to the title of the
topic), is it possible to do a kind of bulk loading ?
(I'm trying to populate a shape file from several
smaller files)
Or at least do something like filling my iinsert
object with my reader object ?
I'm currently doing this process by looping a
foreach(propertydefinition in myReader.properties) and
adding them to myInsert.Propertyvalues, that works but
I guess that's not the way to go..

Thank you for your help

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com