Does clean remove source files on Windows?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Sep 22 15:03:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've just noticed something strange on Windows.
Here is a small session:

C:\dev\fdo\svn> svn update

Next, I try to compile, etc.

Then I want to clean the source tree:

C:\dev\fdo\svn> .\build.bat -a=clean

Next I update:

C:\dev\fdo\svn> svn update

Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Fdo\Schema\SchemaFromInternal.h'
Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Fdo\Schema\SchemaFromExternal.h'
Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Common\Gml212\geometry.h'
Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Common\Gml212\feature.h'
Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Common\Gml212\xlinks.h'
Uaktualnione do wersji 388.

NOTE: 'Odtoworzono' means 'restored'

Next, immediately, I run clean again:

C:\dev\fdo\svn> .\build.bat -a=clean

And, immediately, I run update again:

C:\dev\fdo\_svn>svn up
Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Fdo\Schema\SchemaFromInternal.h'
Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Fdo\Schema\SchemaFromExternal.h'
Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Common\Gml212\geometry.h'
Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Common\Gml212\feature.h'
Odtworzono 'Fdo\Unmanaged\Src\Common\Gml212\xlinks.h'
Uaktualnione do wersji 388.

As you see, some files are restored every time after I run clean,
but without building or removing this files.
So, I suppose these are not intermediate files.
Is this a well-known and intentional behaviour?