[fdo-dev] using dot '.' in schema element name

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Fri Sep 29 09:41:54 EDT 2006

Different geometry column could mean something different regarding
specific application.
And we have database schema also, and I think that if we look further
into examples like topology, naming could be more complex.

Yes, I understand very well that simply allowing '.' into current naming
procedure would end up with unexpected result.

I also know that it is not easy to change it now, but I wanted to
discuss if there are any possibilities.

Thanks,
Haris