[fdo-internals] PostGIS provider alpha

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Apr 27 18:36:06 EDT 2007

Jason Birch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've got an alpha version of a PostGIS provider for FDO ready for some
> initial testing and would really appreciate your help if you have time
> to look at it.  At this point, we've been using it with PostgreSQL 8.2.x
> and PostGIS 1.1.6 (bundled with PostgreSQL install) and 1.2.1
> (standalone).  We have been finding and squashing bugs for a few days
> now, but we're pretty sure that there are some left to ferret out.
>
> You can download the current build from:
>
> http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/fdopostgis/

Hi,

Here is the newest version, based on revision 390:

http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/fdopostgis/fdopostgis-20070428-r390.zip

here are binaries prepared in two configurations:
- log - that generates log file
- nolog - with log file disabled
The latter should perform faster.
This version utilizes GiST spatial index for execution of all OGC
predicates but Disjoint. The FDO predicate EnvelopeIntersects still
uses the GiST-aware operators.