[fdo-internals] Google Summer of Code?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Feb 16 03:23:06 EST 2007

Jason Birch wrote:
> Is there anything that we'd want a student to work on?
>
> http://code.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=10442 <http://code.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=10442>

Jason,

Right, that's an interesting subject.

> I know that Mateusz is currently a student :)

Yes, I am but only till 30th June 2007 ;-)

> A few things that I can think of:
>
> - Expanded platform support; 64bit, OS X, other Linii

Personally, I'm thinking about OSX support.
After the fdopostgis is out, I'd like to give it a try.

> - Command line tools for FDO

I have started to work on OGR-like tools for FDO: fdoinfo, fdo2fdo.
I use them for internal testing of my fdopostgis and I'm going to polish
and publish them just after I have fdopostgis out.

Also, Haris' Fdo2Fdo utility is great!
On its website Haris writes:
"if there is interest for this tool than library can
become open source."

...further development may include porting to Linux/OSX.

> - TMS (tile map service) reflector

That would be very nice.