[fdo-internals] Using new SVN for PostGIS

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Jan 16 16:33:32 EST 2007

Greg Boone wrote:
> I am not sure I understand. Please correct me if I am wrong here. Are
> you preparing to create your own SVN repository outside fdordbms?
> If so, that is not the expected solution.

Definitely, I'm not going to go with my own repo.

> We expect you to merge your changes into the trunk of fdordbms and
> have PostGIS be an equal to the ODBC and MySQL providers with a build
> process that builds all three.

Yes, this is exactly how I'd like to merge too.

> Therefore, you would have to integrate any changes you
> made to fdocore or fdodbms in order to support the PostGIS provider
> back into the respective branches of these repositories.

That's right.

I'll try to ask this way:

I've been disconnected from the SVN changes in fdocore/trunk and
fdordbms/trunk for a ~1 month.

If I update my working copies and continue building PostGIS FDO
against current fdocore/trunk, and finally merge with fdocore/trunk and
fdordbms/trunk, which version of Autodesk Map 3D and MapGuide
can I target with my PostGIS FDO?

This question is important because as far as I know, fdocore has been
frozen at some point, for nearest release.

Will it be possible to use the PostGIS FDO with Map 3D Hammerhead ?