[fdo-internals] Using new SVN for PostGIS

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Tue Jan 16 17:03:10 EST 2007

Fundamentally, if you want to be officially 'integrated' with the build
of FDO that is supported in Map Hammerhead then you will have to drop
your changes in branches/3.2.x. (NOTE: You would also be required to
merge your changes into the trunk)

However, submitting into branches/3.2.x requires additional due
diligence. Does your submission affect any existing fdocore/fdordbms
*Windows* build processes, existing header files or source files? If so,
these files will need to be dropped ASAP using the Map/FDO defect
tracking/code submission mechanism.

If such changes are required send me the set of fdocore/fdordbms
existing/new files to be modified (as a zip file) and Robert and I will
determine the effect of making such changes. We will also determine if
the map team is willing to take these changes at this time. Once that
determination is made you would be free to integrate your changes.

If you drop only into the trunk and not the 3.2.x branch then we would
not be able to guarantee that the PostGIS provider would be supported
inside Map using FDO 3.2.x without further testing. Actually, I
seriously doubt that you would be supported in Hammerhead due to the Dec
18th change made by Brent Robinson

"Binary compatibility change to fdo.dll (trunk version)"

See attached file for details.