[fdo-internals] Raster Catalogs (aka Tileindexes)

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Thu Jan 25 12:47:11 EST 2007

There are a couple of options for generating the bounds information in
the configuration file:

1) The FDO team can provide a small application or tool to create the
configuration file based on a set of input directories. Studio or
Studio developers could then use this tool to create the XML
configuration file.
2) Studio could use the FDO DescribeSchemaMapping command to generate
the schema mappings for a default raster connection made to a single
directory of images. However, as stated, this mechanism is limited in
that it only generates mappings for a single directory.