[fdo-internals] FDO and Incubation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 19 15:48:19 EDT 2007

FDO Developers,

One of the requirements to graduate from OSGeo Incubation is that the
project has to show that it has a healthy and active developer and user
community, that they communicate openly via open channels (e.g. lists,
IRC, etc.), and that decisions are made by consensus via those channels
(following the PSC guidelines).

I find that the level of traffic is fairly low on this list and that we
don't see the level of open discussions here that we find in other OSGeo
projects.

As your incubation mentor I am wondering if there is anything we can do
to help open up communication to show to OSGeo that this project really
operates in a healthy and open way. Or is it just that there is not much
to discuss? Of course the nature of a data access library doesn't
attract users as much as a webmapping engine such as MapGuide or
MapServer, but we're far from the level of interaction that we find
around GDAL which is of similar nature.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. At least that should help
generating more traffic and open discussions.  :)

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/