[fdo-internals] Motion: RFC 3 - PostGIS provider

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri May 11 15:08:40 EDT 2007

Hi Mateusz,

Well, since it's passed and most folks seemed OK with checking into SVN
before the RFC passed, I think it's OK to go to the next step, check in
your code into the SVN trunk, and start using Trac.

It would be great if you could look into whether exporting the SVN using
`svndumpfilter` to compress the revisions on a dump would allow us to
then import the dump into the main repository with revision history
intact.  Hobu seemed willing to give some guidance on this.

If you're willing to try this, you could test it by setting up a local
SVN server, importing the current FDO repository from the dumps
(http://svn.osgeo.org/dumps/fdo/) and then importing the PostGIS tree.

The other option is to just check in the code, but that really hurts...

From: Mateusz Loskot
Subject: Re: [fdo-internals] Motion: RFC 3 - PostGIS provider

Jason Birch wrote:
> OK,
>
> That's been more that 48 hours (because it was a weekend).  I'm going
> to call this motion Passed with the following vote:
>
> Jason +1
> Greg +1
> Orest +1
> Bob +1
> Haris +1

What's the next step regarding this RFC?