[fdo-internals] FDO 3.3 compatible MrSID and ECW Plugins

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Nov 21 04:28:55 EST 2007

Awesome, thanks Frank.

I've tested this and run into a few things...

This is a minor point, and I'll document it on the FDO Trac wiki (http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoGdalNotes <http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoGdalNotes> ), but the dlls need to be placed in the FDO directory, not the directory that mgserver.exe is in.  I think I'd like to keep this stuff in the FDO trac, and maybe link to it from the MapGuide Trac.

Second, there's a bit of a showstopper.  When I first loaded the plugins and attempted to read some ECW files, I got the following in a pop-up window:

The procedure entry point ?reverseWindingOrder at OGRLinearRing@@UAEXXZ <mailto:?reverseWindingOrder at OGRLinearRing@@UAEXXZ>  could not be located in the dynamic link library gdal14.dll

And this is the output at the server command line:

Running the server interactively as an application instead of as a service.
(7108) Server starting...
(7108) PROJ4 Coordinate System Library
(7108) Server started.
ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0.0b1\Server\Bin\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW.dll
ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0.0b1\Server\Bin\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW.dll
GDAL: Auto register C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0.0b1\Server\Bin\gdalplugins\gdal_MrSID.dll using GDALRegister_MrSID.

Looks like the same kind of problem we had the last time around?  Did we get a regression with the 1.4.3 install?

I was able to pull in the gdal14.dll file from your sdk package and get both ECW and SID images working again.  I was also able to get an initial WMS image from: http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/cgi-bin/wms/nexrad/n0r.cgi <http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/cgi-bin/wms/nexrad/n0r.cgi>  but didn't go beyond that.  ECW seems to be faster?

There appears to be a problem in the output in MapGuide; a thin white line between each ECW image.  Not sure if this is a provider problem or a MapGuide problem.  Same error does not appear to show up with my SID samples though?

Jason

From: Frank Warmerdam
Subject: [fdo-internals] FDO 3.3 compatible MrSID and ECW Plugins

If someone can try the plugins I prepared, I'd like to
see us capture the steps and file locations in a wiki
page somewhere approach (fdo trac? mapguide trac?)