[fdo-internals] FDO 3.3 compatible MrSID and ECW Plugins

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 21 14:32:50 EST 2007

Jason Birch wrote:
> Second, there's a bit of a showstopper.  When I first loaded the plugins and attempted to read some ECW files, I got the following in a pop-up window:
>
> The procedure entry point ?reverseWindingOrder at OGRLinearRing@@UAEXXZ <mailto:?reverseWindingOrder at OGRLinearRing@@UAEXXZ>  could not be located in the dynamic link library gdal14.dll

Jason,

As discussed in #gdal this appears to be due to an ABI incompatability
between GDAL 1.4.3 and GDAL 1.4.2.  It appears we are going to retract the
GDAL 1.4.3 release and issue a 1.4.4 release promptly.  In the meaningtime
I have withdrawn the binaries I posted last night (as well as 1.4.3 source).

Tom / Greg - If GDAL 1.4.2 was incorporated into the built tree for FDO
and/or MapGuide please be prepared to replace it very shortly with 1.4.4
(or back off to 1.4.2).

I appologize for the inconvenience.