[fdo-internals] FDO 3.3 compatible MrSID and ECW Plugins

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Nov 25 21:31:39 EST 2007

Jason Birch wrote:
> For the ECW provider and what I believe is the distributed MapGuide GDAL
> DLL, I'm getting "The procedure entry point ??1CPLMutexHolder@@QAE!XZ could
> not be located in the dynamic link library gdal14.dll"

Jason,

Grr.  Well, at least this is a reasonably legitimate change.  After 1.4.0
release I tried building the ecw driver as a plugin and discovered it
was necessary to export the CPLMutexHolder interface.   I guess that this
particular plugin which uses that class will require a newer GDAL.

An upgrade of MapGuide and/or FDO to GDAL 1.4.4 would resolve this.

Alternatively I could build a version of the plugin which the mutex removed.

> The MrSID plugin appears to work.
>
> With your SDK dll, everything works fine.  Except that I'm still seeing the
> faint white line on the image boundaries with the ECW plugin (and not on the
> SID one?) Different images though.

I have no thoughts on this issue.