[fdo-internals] RE: FDO OSGeo PostGIS Provider

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Apr 4 17:04:20 EDT 2008

This is all good news.  It's great to see the PostGIS provider maturing.

For the previous 3.2 binary release of the provider, I just pulled down
the 3.3 trunk version into a local 3.2 tree and built it.  I may have
had to change a couple things, but I don't think so.  Bruno, would you
be willing to do this for 3.2, or should we look at having the OSGeo SAC
set up yet another repository for us?  Greg, how are you handling this
for the SQL 2008 provider?  It would be nice if the 3.2 repositories
could eventually be archived and taken offline, but given that most of
the live implementations of FDO are still using 3.2, it will take a
while until we get to that point.

I'm not sure how Mateusz feels about this, but I think that if the first
few of Bruno's patches look good that it would be more efficient for him
to be given commit access, and for Mateusz (or others) to do post-commit
review.

I'm assuming that we have received Bruno's contribution agreements?

Jason