[fdo-internals] MySQL Defect with Count(1)

Bruno Scott bscott at geomapgis.com
Mon Apr 28 09:56:44 EDT 2008

I just found and enter a ticket about this one.
I've been a little further.

Select Count(1) failes with "Unsupported FDO type in expression"

It was working ok in release 3.2
I think i have found were the problem is.
ProcessAggregateFunction has been overridden in release 3.3 ( to handle ALL
and distinct i guess)

extract of ProcessAggregateFunction  function
            if (dataValue->GetDataType() == FdoDataType_String)
            {
                // Omit ALL if specified as this keyword is not supported in
                // MySQL.
            }
            else
                throw FdoFilterException::Create(NlsMsgGet(FDORDBMS_29,
"Unsupported FDO type in expression"));

As 1 is not a string -> boom
I have tried with
Select Count('1') and it works fine