[fdo-internals] RFC15 posted

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 11 10:48:56 EST 2008

Maksim Sestic wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> A  http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc15 FDO RFC15  has been posted. It's
> about introducing new PropertyValueConstraintDictionary class, so please
> give some feedback on this. Year ago I've been working on a concept similar
> to FDO's and this particular constraint type turned out valuable for most of
> users.

Maksim,

While I'm supportive of the general concept, I am not able to judge how
appropriate the approach is for FDO.

But, I do think that before we could go to a vote, the RFC would require
more exactness in terms of what is proposed - including a precise C++
definition of the proposed interfaces.

I think you also need to address backward compatability issues (if any)
and who will implement the proposed new feature.