[fdo-internals] FDO RFC 16 - FDO Provider for SQLite

Orest Halustchak orest.halustchak at autodesk.com
Wed Mar 19 09:13:44 EDT 2008

Hi Traian,

Just catching up on this email thread ...

To support transactions, the commit must ensure that everything that should be persisted is written to the file (the Durable part of ACID). For Rollback, SQLite may do the rollback for you, but if you have anything in memory that was modified by the transaction, you'll have to back out those changes, e.g. in your in-memory spatial index. So, yes, somebody can just call the FDO SQL command, but the provider may need to be aware of when commit and rollback are called.

Also, for this provider, how is the db to be shared between users? Is it single writer, multiple reader? On multiple reader, how is the spatial index to be shared?

Thanks,
Orest.