[fdo-internals] RFC 27 - Passed

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Nov 9 22:33:27 EST 2008

Jackie Ng wrote:
> I guess it would be more of a resourcing thing more than anything else.
>
> Fusion has multiple developers/maintainers.
>
> Maestro only has one active developer/maintainer (Kenneth)
>
> Ditto with FDO Toolbox (me)
>
> While it is ideal that Maestro and FDO Toolbox should have their own trac
> instances the pratical question is, would OSGeo be willing to provide the
> resources/infrastructure to a single developer? ;-)

Jackie,

I'd strongly like to encourage Maestro and FDO Toolbox to be treated as
part of the regular FDO Trac.  It gets messy to have many Trac instances
from a management and "finding your bugs" point of view.  The toolbox and
Maestro can have their own components, and might be released on their
own schedule for now, but would hopefully become more closely linked to
FDO releases over time.

(IMHO)

I would not be willing to volunteer to create additional Trac instances for
FDO sub-projects.