[fdo-internals] Request review of RFC 28 - Add Start/End ExpressionFunctions

Robert Fortin robert.fortin at autodesk.com
Thu Oct 23 12:29:13 EDT 2008

Jason,

The use case: presents the ordinates of a point geometry as attribute in a data table.  This feature will help us achieve that.
You could also think it can be used to display the coordinate as labels as part of the symbology of a feature.
Or you could use the StartZ to show the elevation of a point or apply a theme on it.
All these can't be done easily directly using the geometry attribute.

Robert