[fdo-internals] RE: Relase process (was Trying to Deploy FDO to Web)

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Mon Mar 2 16:12:38 EST 2009

I do not disagree with anything you say. However, we have to have to follow some common sense principles too. I am not stating that Autodesk will determine which defects are submitted to the 3.4.0 release stream. I only state that someone has to QA proposed defect fixes once we get into Release Candidate territory. That can be Autodesk OSGeo members if they nominate a defect, or it can be done by other contributors as well. We have to have someone verify that a fix works outside the contributor that submits the fix.

I am all for pushing build/installer responsibility out to the community, but we are not there yet. Hopefully we can get that in place for the next release. As for Sandboxes/tags, that is fine as well. However, that does not deal with the possibility that a change made in the RC timeframe will not get adequate vetting approval. Bottom line, if a defect needs to be submitted at this point in the process, it needs to be tested by someone.