[fdo-internals] Building ECW support for GDAL using VS2009

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Mar 25 07:01:39 EDT 2009

I managed to build the GDAL provider with ECW support
using VS2009.

The file "gdal/frmts/ecw/makefile.vc" needs an extra argument:
-D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501

This forces the build to use WinXP header files, which seems to be
required for the libewj
library to build correctly, but likely requires the corresponding
platform SDK.
Without the flag there are numerous errors with a message like:
syntax error : '<L_TYPE_raw>'

I could not find a reasonable place to post this for GDAL, but I know
that some people from
there are subscribed to this list as well, so perhaps they can forward.

--
Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S