[fdo-internals] FOR REVIEW: RFC 47 - Add Thread Support to FdoIDisposable AddRef/Release

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Fri Jan 15 14:09:58 EST 2010

Hi Jason,

Just to make it clear, making the refcount integer thread safe does not make any other member variables in any other FDO class thread safe. So there is no reason to turn this on apart from very specific cases where contention over the refcount causes objects to be deleted prematurely.

That said, it is possible to turn the locking on from unmanaged code -- in fact that's the only way to turn it on.

Traian