[fdo-internals] RFC 50 updated (II)

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Fri Jun 25 06:36:42 EDT 2010

Hi Romy,

First of all, thanks for effort in discussing and changing this RFC.

I have few suggestions/questions:

1) To change FdoSubSelectExpression from FdoExpression to FdoValueExpression
    It would allow  use of FdoSubSelectExpression in inserts and
updates as well.

2) FdoJoinCriteriaCollection has functions
   /// Returns FdoJoinCriteria having the name or NULL.
          FDO_API FdoJoinCriteria* FindItem(FdoString* name) and
FDO_API FdoJoinCriteria* GeiItem(FdoString* name)

    Parameter name is to search over join criteria alias or class name or both ?
    Change name and description of function to be clear what it is ?

3) What is supposed to be FdoJoinType_None ? implicit join (where) ?

4) I think I can see problems in join filter implementations.
    I think it is important that when join criteria is used and class
aliases are used in filter that those aliases are clearly defined in
join criteria.
   Otherwise I believe we will run into difficult and non-consistent
implementations across providers.

   In one of samples we have in previous conversation we had self-join with
   parent.id = child.id where parent and child are aliases

Haris