[fdo-internals] RHEL6

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Feb 16 07:56:48 EST 2011

Hi Crispin,

Once MapGuide 2.2 is out the door, I would like to get both FDO and MapGuide compiling on RHEL 6 and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.  The GCC compiler is very similar on these two Linux distros and it would be nice to get native compilation working on Ubuntu 10.04 for the FOSS4G 2011 LiveDVD.

I am also looking into Cruise Control for automated builds.  I definitely want to get this set up for MapGuide and I would like to do it for FDO as well.

I may be able to provide some resources for these tasks, more so if funding is available.

Regards,
Trevor