[fdo-internals] Patch for #844: SQL Server provider flipping X/Y coordinates for geometry (SRID between 4120 and 4999)

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:10:31 PDT 2012

Hi All,

The SQL Server provider for FDO 3.7 introduced some new MS <-> FDO geometry
format conversion code to GenericRdbms/Geometry/Fgf/AllGeometry_c.cpp that
flips the X and Y coordinates of any geometry based on whether the given
geometry SRID is lat-long based (SRID is between 4120 and 4999 inclusive).

We've been getting reported problems about such SQL Server geometries being
rendered incorrectly in all products that use the FDO 3.7 version of the
provider:

 - MapGuide Open Source 2.4 RC1
 - Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2013
 - AutoCAD Map3D 2013

Thread(s):

 1.
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/MGOS-SQLexpress-coordinate-flip-td4993496.html
 2.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-MapGuide-Enterprise/SQL-SERVER-SPATIAL-COORDINATES-FLIP/td-p/3576282

I've attached a patch to ticket #844 that basically disables such coordinate
flipping. SQL Server geometries in the applicable SRID range (4120 - 4999)
now render properly with this patch applied.

Please review. I do not know why there was a need to flip coordinates for
these SRIDs in the provider, but whatever motivation there was for
introducing this behaviour, it has resulted in this show-stopper of an
issue.

- Jackie