[fdo-internals] Question about FDOOGRProvider

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 06:12:47 PDT 2014

Hi all,

in gdal trunk minutes ago was commited a change that uses
ST_EstimatedExtent in GetExtent if bForce is false

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/67a0a6ce970c02fb8ed7c51bb9421f171f07ca88

Even if this change will be only present in gdal 10.2, I would suggest to
flip the bForce flag to FALSE as suggested by Greg Boone

OGRErr err =
> m_connection->GetOGRDataSource()->GetLayer(m_nIndex)->GetExtent(&e, FALSE);
> If (err)
>     err =
> m_connection->GetOGRDataSource()->GetLayer(m_nIndex)->GetExtent(&e, TRUE);

Would you like me to open a ticket against OGR FDO provider?

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini