[fdo-internals] Patch for ticket 837 (Implement RFC23 APIs for SHP provider)

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri May 16 16:00:52 PDT 2014

Hi Greg,

My main reason for inclusion into 3.9 is so when MapGuide Open Source 2.6
(currently in beta) is finally released, it will have an RFC23-enabled SHP
provider included. An RFC23-enabled SHP provider will greatly benefit SHP
Feature Sources that connect to directories with lots of SHP files in them,
where listing class names and fetching of individual class definitions do
not have to wear the performance cost of a full schema walk, which is
expensive for a SHP file heavy directory.

Still, it's something I'd *like to have* in 3.9 as opposed to want to have.
If it's still too late for 3.9, then disregard that particular part of my
statement.

- Jackie