[fdo-internals] Patch for FDOCommonFile.cpp issue

Karsten Winter karsten.winter at autodesk.com
Mon Jan 18 08:29:41 PST 2016

Hi all

During my investigations for problems of failing SHP unit tests I found an issue which came up after the use of VS 2015.
Several SHP unit tests are failing now, because CPG file will not be deleted during the clean-up.
So I was debugging it down to the method GetAllFiles (Utilities\Common\Src\FdoCommonFile.cpp).
This method returns all files, except with size 0. I guess this is to exclude subfolders/parentfolder, which is working correct.
But the CPG files also have a size of 0 KB. It must be different in previous versions, because the unit tests were running successfully.
So the files will not be returned and therefore not instantiated for cleanup.
I would to fix it with the attached patch, that only subdirs will not be included in the list of files. But all other files , even with size 0. I guess it makes more sense and would match the name of the method.

As this is not critical and impacts only the unit tests, I would wait with the submission after the branch, so that we have more time for testing.

Best regards
Karsten

Karsten Winter
Software - Engineer
Solution Engineering, IPG- ICP

Autodesk S.a.r.l.
Worbstrasse 223
3073 Gümligen
Switzerland

Central   +41 (0)31 9582020
Fax         +41 (0)31 9582022

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in this transmission is strictly PROHIBITED