[fdo-internals] OpenSource 4.1 branch

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Mon Jun 6 06:38:41 PDT 2016

Hi Crispin,

There is a bit of an issue here with ArcSDE. As far as I know there would be a conflict of interest for Autodesk to build and distribute the ArcSDE DLLs for FDO 4.1. The last time I asked, the developer agreement that ESRI outlines for ArcSDE does not permit Autodesk to do so. In the past there used to be collaboration with non-Autodesk contractors to help produce the necessary ArcSDE binaries, but that is no longer in place.

It would be great if we could move the build/posting responsibility of the full FDO SDK from the Autodesk realm into the broader community and get others involved to assist on such issues.

Regards,