[fdo-trac] #78: Please enhance SDF to support ordering through the standard Select interface.

FDO trac_fdo at osgeo.org
Wed May 30 23:10:06 EDT 2007

#78: Please enhance SDF to support ordering through the standard Select
interface.
   Reporter:  jbirch        |       Owner:  gregboone
       Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new
  Component:  SDF Provider  |     Version:  3.2.0
   Severity:  3             |    Keywords:
External_id:                |
 Currently, users of the SDF provider have to know about its non-standard
 alternate select interface to take advantage of results ordering.

 I believe that this runs counter to the whole idea of an abstraction layer
 like FDO; clients should not have to implement provider-specific
 workarounds to get at common functionality.

 Ordering functionality is really important to me, and I have had to work
 around it on the client side (had to populate array in PHP and sort rather
 than just streaming the features - high memory usage) several times
 already.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/78>
FDO <http://fdo.osgeo.org/>