[fdo-trac] #706: Shape Provider modifies the CRT locale settings and destroys WMS Provider requests

FDO trac_fdo at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 7 07:36:03 EDT 2010

#706: Shape Provider modifies the CRT locale settings and destroys WMS Provider
requests
   Reporter:  sgamperl      |       Owner:  gregboone
       Type:  defect        |      Status:  new
  Component:  WMS Provider  |     Version:  3.5.0
   Severity:  2             |    Keywords:  SHP, WMS, locale
External_id:                |
 When I use the WMS provider, the GetMap request is okay and I get a
 resulting image from the WMS Server. But in my test scenario i use the
 shape provider and the WMS provider to make a combined view of two
 featureclasses.

 The ShapeProvider sets the locale (setlocale(LC_ALL,"")) in the ShapeCPG
 class. In the method SetCodePageESRIFromLocale the locale gets modified
 and later set back to the inital locale, if the locale wasn't "C" before.
 In the standard case, if no one modified the CRT locale it was "C".

 After this modification the WMS provider build GetMap requests, with a
 decimal seperator in the BBOX key of "," instead of ".". The request
 produce an error, because in WMS the decimal seperator should always be
 "."

 I access both provider through the managed API. Is there a workaround for
 this problem?
 Is it a bug or do i make a mistake in the usage of both providers?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/706>
FDO <http://fdo.osgeo.org/>