[fdo-users] SHP modifications issue

Dan Stoica dan.stoica at autodesk.com
Mon Jan 22 09:30:32 EST 2007

I'll have a look today.

Dan.

-----Original Message-----
From: fdo-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:fdo-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Ytse
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 9:15 AM
To: Robert Fortin; Pierre Dalcourt; fdo-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: RE : RE: [fdo-users] SHP modifications issue

Hi everyone

I've integrated FDO 3.2 in my software and everything
builds/runs fine now, but I still have issues with
FDO.

I've decided to write a small C# piece of code that
simply opens a connection, read a class and write its
content (I've attached to this mail a zip file that
contains the 3 files - dbf,shp,shx - for my shp source
and the .cs file that reads the shp)

The first issue is quite simple :
the shp contains 8 records (checked with Mapguide
viewer 6.5 and ArcView 3.2) but the IReader sees only
the records 2-8 (the first record from the file is
ignored).

Second issue :
I delete the last record that has been read, now
ArcView only sees records 2-7 !! (8 has been deleted,
that's correct, but what about the first ??)

I can only think of three possibilities :
- I'm doing something wrong
- there's a bug in FDO 3.2 SHPProvider
- the shp has an error (but considering that ArcView
and Mapguide Viewer can detect all 8 records, I guess
that's not the cause of the issue)

I'm desperately needing your help here (not even
mentionning inserting data, I'll test this later).