[fdo-users] RE: Autocad Map, FDO layer refresh

dfarina at geomap damien.farina at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 19 04:12:04 EDT 2007

Hi, i've already tried your workaround, duplicated below.

In fact:

* Given a Mapguide 2007 session, I insert one polyline entity to a given
"FDO" table
* If I try to refresh another given map session, configured with the same
"FDO" table, the created entity doen't appear. If I right-click the layer in
the map tree and choose a refresh, then I can see my entity. As specified in
the Geospatial API, ForceRefresh forces a layer refresh after a map update,
as it seems to already work in Mapguide. My question is: how to force this
map update, without any intervention from the user?

Below your previous (maybe the right one?) solution & more details on my
Autocad configuration:

AutoCAD Map 3D 2008
B.51.0 (UNICODE)

<code_begin>

AcMapMap currentMap = AcMapMap.GetCurrentMap();
MgLayerCollection LayerCol = currentMap.GetLayers();
for (int i = 0; i < LayerCol.Count; i++)
{
MgLayerBase currentLayer = LayerCol.GetItem(i);
// AcMapLayer is derived from MgLayerBase
currentLayer.ForceRefresh();
}
<code_end>