[fdo-users] Re : Re : Re : weird issue

Ytse bill_gfr at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 9 09:33:40 EST 2007

that would be enough for the GetData() method but I would have to rewrite the SetData() so that it doesn't use sprintf.
Anyway :
- GDAL1.3 released in FDO 3.2 ThirdParty doesn't contain cpl_strtod.cpp
- why use GDAL for that when we can simply set the locale to default (C language behavior) for the numeric values ?

my questions may sound (or even be :) stupid but please be indulgent as I'm no C++ programer

ytse

-----
The ESRI Shapefile doesn't say anything about handling data in with
locale-awareness or not.

In GDAL, there is locale independent function - CPLAtof - used in such
cases:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/port/cpl_strtod.cpp#L530
It should be enough to replace atof() with CPLAtof() call in FDO
provider for Shapefile.
Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot