[fdo-users] Re : Re : Re : weird issue

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Mar 9 09:49:35 EST 2007

Ytse wrote:
> that would be enough for the GetData() method but I would have to
> rewrite the SetData() so that it doesn't use sprintf. Anyway : -
> GDAL1.3 released in FDO 3.2 ThirdParty doesn't contain cpl_strtod.cpp

You can just grab the cpl_strtod.cpp file, and customize file
and function names.

> - why use GDAL for that when we can simply set the locale to default
> (C language behavior) for the numeric values ?

I'm not suggesting to use GDAL.
I'm suggesting to grab *only* the CPLAtof function.
So, you do *not* need to manipulate locale settings, because the
function is locale independent out of the box.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net