[fdo-users] GeoJSON

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Mar 15 11:20:55 EDT 2007

Orest wrote:

> See: http://wiki.geojson.org/

This is pretty cool stuff indeed.

It makes a lot more sense for web-based services than heavyweight XML in
a lot of cases.  Although I really appreciate the work that has been
done by the OGC with the W*S services, they tend to be targeted towards
enterprise and don't scale too well to whole-internet access.

Specifications (not standards) like GeoRSS, GeoJSON and TMS as well as
initiatives like WMS-T and WMS-Simple show a lot of promise in this
regard.

Now I'm wondering if Orest is watching the OGC mailing lists or GeoRSS
mailing list ;)

Jason